- Seven billion people (95% of the global population) live in an area covered by a mobile-cellular network. (Bhuyan et al., 2016)
- By 2018, an estimated 50% of the more than 3.4 billion smartphone and tablet users will have downloaded mHealth apps. (Kuersten, 2010)
- Use of online and mobile technologies is increasing as consumers rely on Internet and smartphone-based tools for health information and tracking. (Ramsey et al., 2016)
- 80% of providers want to be alerted if their client is at risk of relapse; only 8% would want an immediate alert (Muench, 2015). Current evidence demonstrates patients use and are interested in using technologies as part of their treatment or continuing support. Understanding how technology can be implemented is a critical first step towards successful adoption of technology-assisted care.
Technology can be a powerful partner in helping people manage their health conditions. Are you prepared to offer technology-based services?
The National Frontier and Rural (NFAR) Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) is hosting its 5th Annual Technology Summit at the Whitney Peak Hotel in its hometown of Reno, Nevada, July 26-28, 2017.
The goal of the 2017 NFAR Technology Summit is help attendees gain usable skills and knowledge related to how technology can expand and enhance treatment and recovery services to improve client outcomes.
Following the Summit, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the use of technology in advancing the treatment of opioid use disorders
- Address the ethical dilemmas related to using and prescribing new technologies
- Practice the use of technology-based mediums such as texting, video-conferencing, social media, and apps
- Plan for implementation of technology-based clinical supervision and services in their clinical settings
- Identify ways in which technology increases access to care and behavioral health workforce opportunities
Leave Your Legacy at the Opening Reception
You won’t want to miss this year’s opening reception. The 5th Annual NFAR Technology Summit is proud to introduce an interactive networking reception that will celebrate the legacy of the NFAR ATTC project while also highlighting local culture and the beauty of the Reno/Tahoe region. Attendees will be able to take part in an interactive art display, enjoy local music, network with colleagues, and sample light appetizers from one of the region’s top local catering companies. Please join us from 5:00-6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 26th in the Whitney Peak Ballroom to make a lasting memories and leave your legacy!
Get Motivated by Expert Conference Speakers
Keynote presentations will be delivered by Dr. Kimberly A. Johnson, Director for Substance Abuse Treatment at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and Dr. Tony Rousmaniere, Clinical Psychologist and editor of Using Technology to Enhance Clinical Supervision. The keynote presentations will address how technology can extend the reach and efficacy of substance use disorder (SUD) treatment and improve workforce development. Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear from experts on the use of technology to treat opioid use disorders, how apps can support recovery, and how state license reciprocity rules are changing to support virtual counseling services.
Concurrent breakout sessions will feature in-depth and hands-on experiences on how to incorporate technology into substance use services. The breakout sessions are scheduled to repeat twice to allow participants to attend two of the three sessions. Agencies interested in building skills in all three areas should send at least two participants to the Summit.
Come prepared with business cards and any questions you have about incorporating technology into behavioral health services. You will be surrounded by experts in the field of technology implementation, so this is an excellent opportunity to get answers to your questions and build a repository of ideas and contacts to assist you in overcoming challenges.
Our speakers and partners are very generous about providing assistance and expertise after the event as well, so be sure to share your business card and connect on Facebook, LinkedIn, or other social media to keep the conversations going.
AND…Visit the Beautiful Reno/Tahoe Area
NO Registration Fee!
Register today to take advantage of this great opportunity! There is no registration fee to attend the Summit.
Visit http://www.nfarattc.org/summit to register.
See you in Reno!