Connectiveness Matters: Integrating systems to promote connectedness
Pre-conference | October 16, 2019 | Time TBD | Alta Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89145
Conference | October 17-18, 2019 | Sessions 8:45 am – 5 pm | 9090 Alta Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89145
|Registration Type||Early Bird||Regular|
|Ends 8/31||9/1 – 10/16|
|Two Day Regular||$165||$190|
|One Day Regular||$105||$130|
|Veteran/Student Two Day||$60||$85|
|Veteran/Student One Day||$30||$55|
|NCSP Member Two Day||$75||$100|
|NCSP Member One Day||$45||$70|
Thursday October 17, 2019
9:00 am – 10:15 am
Shelley R. Hart, PhD, NCSP
Suicide Prevention: Increasing Relational Capacity
As humans, we are hardwired for relationships. When those relationships, particularly early in life, breakdown, there can be a negative impact on development of the brain and body. However, there is also tremendous opportunity for healing within our relationships. This discussion will explore suicide prevention through the opportunity relationships provide.
Thursday October 17, 2019
10:30 am – 11:45 am
Frank R. Campbell, Ph.D., LCSW, C.T.
Making Meaning of Your Loss
This presentation will consider the challenges of finding a positive meaning from a devastating loss. Suicide carries a significant stigma and the impact of this is often unknown to most of us until the manner of death is determined to be suicide. Because we all grieve differently and those differences can often create unintended consequences, a metaphor for accepting these differences will be offered.
Friday October 18, 2019
10:15 am – 12:00 pm
David Covington, LPC, MBA
Everything I Knew About Suicide Was Wrong
Is it possible to prevent ALL deaths, even up to the last minute? Is suicide really a choice? Are individuals who end their lives psychologically weaker than the rest of us? Is suicide contagious? Our understanding of suicide has changed dramatically over the past decade, and the firsthand experiences of those who have been there and research data suggest…everything we knew about suicide was wrong.
Friday October 18, 2019 8:45 am – 9:30 am
Stephanie Woodard, Psy.D.
State of the State
Dr. Stephanie Woodard is the State Mental Health Authority and the Single State Authority for Substance Abuse. She provides oversight and quality assurance to behavioral health providers statewide; designs, plans, funds, and implements systems of care, including behavioral health prevention, early intervention, treatment and recovery support services; establishes funding priorities for behavioral health services and supports through close collaboration with communities and stakeholders; evaluates outcomes of behavioral health interventions; and guides policy and financing options across the Department of Health and Human Services.
Non-Profit 100.00 | Profit 200.00
Interested Exhibitors and Sponsors – please contact Rick Egan for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suncoast Hotel Las Vegas
- Attendees may also call our Central Reservations Department toll free at 866-636-7111 to book their rooms. To receive your special discounted rate, they should ask for Group Code: 9NCSP10.
- Cut-off date is September 15, 2019. The group code will not be available after cut-off date. Attendees may still call Room Reservations direct and reference the Group Code to check for any other discounts that may be available, based on hotel availability.
- The room rate is a base rate that does not include the resort fee or Clark County Room Tax.
- First night’s room and tax will be required at the time of booking as a deposit to secure the room reservation.
- Cancellation is 48 hours prior to arrival to receive a refund on the deposit.
Use Group Code: 9NCSP10
|Room Type||Nights||Room Tax||Resort Fee||Resort Fee Tax||Total Inclusive|
|$67.00||Sunday – Thursday Nights||$8.71||$24.99||$3.25||$103.95|
|$109.00||Friday & Saturday Nights||$14.17||$24.99||$3.25||$151.41|
|Golf View Rooms|
|$72.00||Sunday – Thursday Nights||$9.36||$24.99||$3.25||$109.90|
|$114.00||Friday & Saturday Nights||$14.82||$24.99||$3.25||$157.06|
|One-Bedroom Executive Suite = 1056 sq. ft|
|$167.00||Sunday – Thursday Nights||$21.71||$24.99||$3.25||$216.95|
|$259.00||Friday & Saturday Nights||$33.67||$24.99||$3.25||$320.91|
|Two-Bedroom Mediterranean Suite = 1584 sq. ft|
|$242.00||Sunday – Thursday Nights||$31.46||$24.99||$3.25||$301.70|
|$334.00||Friday & Saturday Nights||$43.42||$24.99||$3.25||$405.66|
|One-Bedroom Tuscany Suite = 1792 sq. ft|
|$292.00||Sunday – Thursday Nights||$37.96||$24.99||$3.25||$358.20|
|$384.00||Friday & Saturday Nights||$49.92||$24.99||$3.25||$462.16|
Continuing Education Hours (CEH’s) are offered for attending the full conference. CEH’s are available October 17 and October 18. Additional CEH’s are available on October 16 at the Pre-Conference. Sign in is required each morning and afternoon. The following boards have been approved (or are pending approval) for Continuing Education Hours:
– National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
– International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
– State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
– Nevada State Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors
– State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists & Clinical Professional Counselors
– Nevada State Board of Nursing
– State of Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners
CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
CASAT/Mail Stop 279 | University of Nevada, Reno | Reno, NV 89557
Phone: 775-784-6265 | Fax: 775-784-1840